There are many reasons why you should try hydroponic gardening. It’s a wonderful hobby and you could cash in. Here are some reasons to grow your own hydroponic fruit and vegetables.
1. Cash In – Since you control the growing environment you can easily grow anything you want at any time of the year. This means you could grow expensive crops during off season periods and sell them for higher profits.
2. Less Maintenance Required – Once you’ve planted your seed, simply sit back and watch them grow. That is of course other than having to pick your plentiful bounty when ready.
3. Faster Growing Speeds – Since your crops have full access to all the nutrients they need, as they grow in water and not soil, they will be able to grow up to 40% faster. This means fresh fruit and veg everyday.
4. Larger Produce – For same reason as above, since they live in the water, the plants roots have much faster access to nutrients meaning larger produce for you to enjoy.
5. You Can Do Hydroponics Anywhere – You don’t even need a garden to grow hydroponic crops. You can grow them in your cellar, attic, garage, living room, bedroom or even greenhouse. There is nothing stopping you!
6. Grow Hydroponic Strawberries – Strawberries are expensive all year round and are almost unobtainable during the winter months! Your friends will wonder how you managed to get such large succulent strawberries in December. You could sell them to local farm shops for huge profit!