If you’re changing your office layout and looking for a new workspace design then you might already know what you want and need, and how you’re going to achieve this.
Alternatively, you might not know what’s involved or where to start. Here’s what you need to know.
1. It’s essential that you know what you’re looking for, and you’re exact requirements. It’s all too easy to get carried away looking through an office furniture brochure, or choosing colour schemes or working out who’s going to sit where.
2. Why not make sure that you ask your staff what’s important to them, and see how they see the office layout? There’s nothing to say that your ideas have to be the best ideas. Remember that your staff will have to live with the fit out and their opinions are just as valid.
3. Once you’ve decided on what you need, you’ll need to make sure that it’s suitable for your business. You can’t choose products that won’t allow your staff to be more efficient, or make better use of the space, or their time. If you’re not sure, why not see how a commercial fit out company can help you?
4. You might be changing your workspace design to accommodate new staff, or a new department. You might be moving premises and need to know what sort of space you going to have, and how best you can use it.
5. Your company might be using new technology that means that you need a new workspace design. Perhaps you’re installing projectors or large TV screens for your meeting rooms. You might have set up a wireless network, and be giving your staff laptops rather than desktop PCs. You might need somewhere to record your podcast or film your product how to guides.
6. You’ll want to make sure that your new furniture is ergonomic and suitable for your staff. Will it have enough drawers? Are the chairs easy to adjust? Can the desks be laid out to make the most of the space in the room? What about filing cabinets, bookshelves and cupboards?
7. If you’re moving into completely new office premises then you’ll have the opportunity to start from scratch, and get the exact layout you want. Why not make sure that you equip your office with everything you need now, and in the future?
8. You’ll need to take care so that you office fit out is suitable for your industry. If you’re a web design company, then you’ll want to look modern and stylish, and your furniture and colours need to express this. If you’re a firm of accountants then you’ll need to be more subdued and traditional in your choice of office fit out.
9. As well as making your office suitable for your staff, it needs to be suitable for your clients too. You won’t want to look like you’re showing off and being opulent, as you don’t want to give the impression that you’re charging too much.
10. Even though you will have a budget and timescale in mind, it’s essential that you don’t choose your workspace design on cost alone. You won’t want to end up with a layout that doesn’t work, and office furniture that isn’t suitable for your staff, just so you don’t have to spend as much.
Now you know what to look for, and what’s important, you’ll be able to get the best workspace design for your and your staff, and be more productive and efficient.